2. Personal Information Collection
A. When a member applies for a Credit Union account or service, we collect personal information in order to process the application. This information may be retained by us so that we can provide the products and services requested. Some of the information is handled by our operating partners (like Check Free, Experian, etc.). Our operating partners have agreed to abide by this policy.
B. When a member opens or uses an account or service from the Credit Union, we retain personal information in the context of using that product or service, including the transaction information.
3. Use and Sharing of Personal Information
A. The Credit Union will use personal information as appropriate in the normal course of our business to provide the products and services the member requests. We will also use this information to provide positive personal member identification.
B. We will not disclose information to third parties (excluding credit union affiliates) concerning the member’s account except:
- When such disclosure is necessary to complete the transactions.
- To verify the existence and condition of the account for a third party (such as a credit bureau) as is permitted by law.
- To comply with any court order or applicable laws or regulations.
- When the member gives permission.
C. The Credit Union does not and will not sell or provide personal information to third parties for independent use. We may, however, share personal information with our credit union affiliates (such as CUNA Mutual) as allowed by law if that information is required to provide a product or service to the member.
D. We may collect information regarding your mobile device such as device settings, unique device identifiers, information about your location, and analytical information that may assist with diagnostics and performance. For your convenience, you may be asked to grant permission for access to your mobile device’s geolocation data. This information may be collected when you use certain services that are dependent on your mobile device’s location (such as the location of an ATM or in store transactions).
4. Accuracy of Personal Information/Disclaimer
A. The Credit Union intends to exercise reasonable procedures in order to assure the accuracy of our records and members’ personal information. Inaccurate information, when brought to our attention, will be corrected as promptly as possible. If members have any questions regarding the accuracy of the personal information, the Credit Union should be contacted. We will investigate and update the records as needed.
B. We request that members keep their personal information as current as possible so they may get the maximum benefit from the Credit Union.
C. This policy does not address every possible contingency and circumstance. It is intended to provide guidance to Credit Union management and is not intended to create enforceable legal rights for any individual. The Credit Union does not bear any responsibility for any actions (or lack of action) or policies of third party affiliates or non-affiliates. Exceptions to this policy may be authorized by the Credit Union’s CEO, Board of Directors and Chairman of Supervisory Committee. The Credit Union reserves the right to change this policy at any time, with or without notice.
Because of the Credit Union’s high commitment to confidentiality of member information, complaints relating to this policy or the Credit Union’s perceived non-compliance of this policy, should be forwarded directly to the Credit Unions CEO or to a member of the Credit Union’s Supervisory Committee for prompt consideration. All communication should be directed through the Credit Union.
Links to other websites found here are provided to assist in locating information. The more fact that there is a link between this website and another does not constitute a product or program endorsement by First Pioneers Federal Credit Union or any of its employees. There is no affiliation or agency relationship between First Pioneers Federal Credit Union and any owner of the linked websites. First Pioneers Federal Credit Union has no responsibility for content of the website found at these links or beyond, and does not attest to the accuracy or propriety of any information located there.
Social Media Policy
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
First Pioneers FCU Social Media Policy
First Pioneers Federal Credit Union has created a page on Facebook and Instagram as a way to interact with members, foster a sense of community, and discuss topics related to First Pioneers Federal Credit Union’s products and services. The Credit Union also follows our internal policies related to member security and information. We are committed to a transparent and honest social media flow, and will not create “fake” destinations and posts designed to mislead followers and control a conversation. Every Web site, “fan page”, or other online destination that is ultimately controlled by the Credit Union will make that fact known to users and must be authorized by the Credit Union.
- All comments will be reviewed and posts that are derogatory, defamatory, obscene, hateful, ethnic, off topic, spam, personal attacks, illegal, offensive, or those that are private or confidential, or any comment that is deemed to be inappropriate will be removed.
- Posts must be in text format from someone over age 13.
- Members who post photos directly on a Credit Union’s social media page will not be accepted unlessspecifically requested for a contest or other business-related purpose. In these instances, pictures willbe reviewed and removed if inappropriate.
- Posts or comments intending to sell a product or service not deriving from official CU personnel or those intending to divert traffic to a particular web site for personal or monetary gain will not be permitted, this includes Spam.
- All comments are monitored, but not controlled. At our sole discretion First Pioneers FCU reserves the right to remove a post we deem inappropriate. First Pioneers FCU does not endorse any comments made by its employees, unless they are an authorized representative of the credit union.
- Private or financially-sensitive information will never be requested through the Facebook page. Members should not disclose information, such as account usernames and numbers, passwords, pins, social security numbers, or account details on the Facebook and Instagram page. Please inform us immediately at (337) 272-7618 if you receive such a request through the Credit Union’s social media site.
- Except for posting winner names as related to, or identified with, giveaways, contests, or other promotions, First Pioneers FCU will not post identifiable member information on the page.
- First Pioneers FCU does not validate assertions or statements in the comments. All statements and viewpoints expressed are strictly those of the commenter alone, and do not constitute an official position of First Pioneers FCU, unless posted by the authorized representative of the Credit Union.
- All rights reserved: The Credit Union reserves the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments, and also has the right to block access to any one group from commenting, or from the page.
- All comments on our Facebook and Instagram page are the responsibility of the commenter, not the Credit Union. By submitting a comment on our Facebook or Instagram page, you agree that the comment content is your own, and to hold this site and all subsidiaries and representatives harmless from any and all repercussions, damages or liabilities. First Pioneers FCU reserves the right to change guidelines at any time at its sole discretion and will keep current guidelines online.